I'm delighted to announce that we have some open places on the next free educator training session in Microsoft Ireland on August 5th. This session will cover taking an existing Web/Wordpress site hosted on the Azure cloud and packaging it as an app.
Sign-up to attend here: http://1drv.ms/1JA7DFp
As part of Dreamspark.com, most Irish students have the ability to host 10 free websites/web apps each. They could use these for blogs, reflective journals or e-portfolios. Lecturers, mentors and educators also can avail of this offer.
In advance, we'll send you details on how to register for and access the hosting, how to build a Wordpress site as a portfolio. This is informal, friendly and very non-technical training, I think you do not have to be a techie to get some value from it!
- Content: Creating apps from blogs, reflective journals or e-portfolios on the Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform, package them as an app
- Who: This training is aimed at anyone who wants to teach, mentor or require students to build hosted web sites in their course work. Examples could range from blogs and portfolios to bespoke mobile apps.
- When: 5th August
- 1:15pm – 4pm (we may not need the whole time, but booking a room for the duration)
- Where: Microsoft Ireland Building 3, Carmenhall Road, Sandyford (NOT the buildings in Leopardstown / South Dublin Business Park)
- Parking is free and accessed on the bottom right of Arkle Road
- How to attend: Training is free but booking is essential. I need full names for security badges in advance but all data is deleted after the training. Sign-up here http://1drv.ms/1JA7DFp
- If you don’t already have one, please register for a Microsoft account in advance at http://signup.live.com/
- You can use any email address as the user name for your new Microsoft account, including addresses from Outlook.com, Yahoo! or Gmail. If you already sign in to a Windows PC, tablet, or phone, Xbox Live, Outlook.com, or OneDrive, use that account
- Please bring a laptop, wifi to use is MSFTOpen
- I have no interns at the moment so ask for me at reception
- Trainer: The trainer for this session will be Stephen Howell. Stephen was a lecturer for 15 years before joining Microsoft, where he is the Academic Engagement Manager.